Alt Sheff

The guide to Sheffield's
radical, alternative, ethical
business and groups

Globalisation - who is it good for? - a brief tour of the Global Economic Map

Mon 30 Jun 2014, 7.30pm, Meeting House, 10 St James St. S1 2EW

Positive Money monthly meeting with Sarah Mirza. If globalisation is so good, why does it only work for the few and not the many? Who controls the global money supply and what can we do about it?The presentation is a whistle stop tour of the current Global Economic Map and a look at the key stakeholders and players. Have you ever wondered why 20% of the world population controls 80% of world income, trade, investment and communication technology, leaving the bottom 20% living in poverty and controlling only 1%? What can we do about it? Where do investment banking and monetary reform fit in?Refreshments (50p) from 7.15pm, talk starts at 7.30pm. Requested donation of £3 to cover costs. Positive Money is a movement to democratise money and banking so that it works for society and not against it.Positive Money Sheffield

Speech bubble icon Promote Alt Sheff  |  Facebook icon Alt Sheff on Facebook  |  RSS icon RSS Feeds  |  Email icon

Webarchitects Ecological Hosting Creative Commons License